Welcome to Chislet and District Pre-school
We provide care and education for young children between the ages of 2 and 5yrs and we are registered and inspected by Ofsted. We were awarded ‘Good’ at our last inspection and the report is available to read online or ask Kay for a copy.
Families come to us from Hoath, Chislet, Herne Bay, Upstreet, Herne, Marshside, Hersden, Sturry and the surrounding villages.
- To provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age;
- To work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
- To add to the life and well-being of the local community; and
- To offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and values diversity.
As a member of Chislet and District Pre-school, your child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- is given generous care and attention, because of our high ratio of adults to children;
- has the chance to join with other children and adults to play, work and learn together, to share and take turns;
- is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being offered appropriate activities and resources and support;
- has staff who makes sure your child achieves steps appropriate to their developmental stage;
- is in a pre-school which sees you as a partner in helping your child to learn and develop; and
- is in a pre-school in which parents help to shape the service it offers by taking part in the committee which manages Playgroup.
The service offered by Chislet and District Pre-school:
- The pre-school is open term time during the year.
- We are closed for all school holidays.
- We are open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings from 9am – 12.45pm.Please note Friday mornings are for 4 year olds going to school in the September.